Technical Index Trading & Analysis

Home Forums Technical Index Trading & Analysis Technical Index Trading & Analysis

This topic contains 459 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  RS2OOO 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 460 total)
  • Author

georgeski
    Participant

Well that was nice . Whilst messing with the chart I was closed by limit at 6666. Who says charting is cobblers. Will look to short later if it carries on up . Bit dubious to take a swing short until Draghi talks tommorrow.

wu_wei
    Participant

morning folks, will take a while to get going here but worth doing i think, cheers rs2k

RS2OOO
    Keymaster

Morning all.

Font size and font weight increased very slightly….please let me know if its still too small, or if its now too big.

Also, if anyone thinks the site is painfully slow do say something. The site is a bit on the heavy side but I’ve done what I can to keep it nimble, but some days it seems slower than others. If its noticeably slow, just say and I’ll look into it.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  RS2OOO.

georgeski
    Participant

Fonts OK here (On Chrome)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  georgeski.

Ben Nevis
    Participant

Seems Obama’s State of Union speech has not had much effect on indices.

(Thank goodness, I am 90% short on Eurostoxx.)

SUGAR finally came good yesterday, nice overall profit 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  Ben Nevis.

RS2OOO
    Keymaster

U.S Indices are in a range. My bias has been on the upside over the last few days but its too difficult to say if a low is in place. Every day has been a reversal of the previous day in the cash market and whilst a break of Friday’s high is what I wanted to confirm a move higher, yesterday was an outside bar over Monday’s bar with a marginally higher close, yet failed to close above Friday’s high so we’re still in no-mans-land.

Also been watching Gold for a couple of Months. Monthly chart (which I’ll post later) looks nice from a bottoming point of view, but Daily chart looks like more work needs doing to carve out a bottom.

RS2OOO
    Keymaster

RE: The losses per head on EUR:CHF

Basically everybody was selling Put options and it was guaranteed returns time after time.

Spread Betters were going long, but with maximum daily moves of 3 to 5 pips (with a 1 to 2 point spread), yet a guaranteed low of 1.20, every time it dipped to 1.20 it was a guaranteed win to go long with huge stakes (say, £100+ per point) and stop loss set at 1.1999 meaning maximum loss was £100 to £200 if for some highly unlikely reason things went wrong, but every trade would win £300 to £500 within a few days.

It really was a licence to print money and I considered doing it many times but never actually had the bottle to risk that amount just in case.

In the end the floor collapsed (as would any floor with too much weight upon it). At £100 per point the potential losses on that day were in excess of £4 million.

I’m pretty damn sure we’ll here of SB’ers who lost everything that day.

It was the first thing I thought of when Ken Bachelor was asking about SB firms allowing beyond £100 P/P stakes. Even with his current £400k pot (£800k without unrealised losses), he’d get wiped out in this type of event.

noon
    Participant

ben- NOT grey typing. More grey-ish back ground and bolder fonts.

Hardly see a post window border.

btsuck
    Participant

Background is fine, Noon !! We dont want grey typing on grey background.

You can always change brightness on your computer screen.

exactly, what were thinking demo?? have you completely lost tour marbles. Grey on grey!!

I close my dow short earlier. flat as out later. Dow holding like a goodun between 17480 and 17525. bold is best, but typeface a bit boring

btsuck
    Participant

demo, yes, i see, A black font would be best, and a better one at that. I’m geting grey white alternate backgrounds. ie i post white, next grey, which is ok
    but better off when bold is used

bracke
    Participant

Good day RS2000

Maybe provide an idiots guide on how to post charts on the site.

I understand what some of the 11 boxes are above but not all. Perhaps an explanation please.

Index Trader
    Participant

I’ll do a guide as to what the boxes are etc and put it into post 1 or 2 of the thread.

I see what you mean about the colours now – I’m on a different computer with a basic monitor and the grey text looks lighter than it does at home.

Posting charts should be identical to how they are on ADVFN, i.e you host it on photobucket or wherever and paste the code here. At present I’m not hosting the charts/images simply because I didn’t buy enough bandwidth to cater for it when last renewing the domain. Will look into it on next renewal.

bracke
    Participant

Thanks RS2000.

btsuck
    Participant

RS, for all it’s trumped up goodness, i always found the text colours on wordpress a pain in the arse. I wanted black, they give me 50 shades of grey. Went over to blogger in the end. the more i messed with wordpress the greyer the text got.
    I note, i close short and dow goes down. Still can’t grumble, up 400% since monday. ie i had 4 quid, now got 16….(200 to 800)
    I often ask myself, interesting one can make huge gains with small pot but try to tripple 2k to 6, it’s harder…..Einstein would know, he’d say it’s all relative.

This was not typed in bold

edit those %’s are not right. i think it’s 200%, 2 -4 = 100 4-8 =200% whatever got to go

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  btsuck.

noon
    Participant

Long DOW, 17,447

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 460 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.